• A discovery of particular interest was a considerable part of a phytosaur skeleton at Fort Lee, NJ, about 1 mile N of the ferry landing. It was discovered by Messrs. J. E. Hyde, Condit, and Boyle post graduate students of Prof. Kemp of the Dept. of Geology at Columbia University. The Department received a skeleton of Ophthhalmosaurus in exchange from Tubingen, Germany and a Cryptoclidus in exchange from the British Museum(Natural History). Expedition to the Eocene of Wyoming 1910, by Walter Granger. The party was composed of Walter Granger in charge, Dr. William J. Sinclair of Princeton University, who accompanied the expedition to do stratigraphic work, Mr. George Olsen and Mr. William Stein, who formerly was engaged as cook, teamster and collector. Messrs. Sinclair and Olsen reached Lander on June 7th .Mr. Stein, who had stayed in Lander was reengaged. After a day in preparation the party moved to the first camp on Beaver Creek about 19 miles below its mouth. On June 14th the party moved to Wagon-bed Springs at the foot of Beaver Divide, where Mr. Granger joined them on the 23rd. On June 25th the outfit started eastward along the foot of the Divide, making one day's camp at Beaver Creek Ridge, Conant Creek, Artificial Lake east of Logan Creek, Box Spring on Muskrat Creek and head of Muskrat Creek. At the last camp work along the Beaver Divide was abandoned and the party turned northward toward the Big Horn Basin. Part of the day was spent at Lost Cabin and on Bridger Creek in order to give Dr. Sinclair opportunity to look over the exposures along Alkali and Cottonwood Creeks. The party was at Kirby Creek on July 4th. The Big Horn was crossed at Thermopolis on the 6th. Proceeding down the W side of the river, camps were made at Winchester, Worland, mouth of Elk Creek and Otto, on the Gray Bull River was reached on July 9th. Here a permanent camp was established, and collecting in the extensive Wasatch exposures to the S. began immediately. About July 20th the party moved 7 miles up the river to St. Joe, where the head of Dorsey Creek and the E and N slopes of Tatman Mountain were explored until Aug. 4th, when they returned to Otto. On Aug. 8th Sinclair and Olsen with part of the outfit were taken S to Elk Creek, and Granger and Stein moved the main camp to the ranch of Mr. Hal Blakesley on Dorsey Creek, 2 mi. S. of Otto. Sinclair and Olsen remained in Dry Camp on Elk Creek until Sept. 10th. Dr. Sinclair left for the east on Sept. 16th. Toward the latter part of the month the party moved to a ranch 2 mi. NW of Otto so they could work the limited exposures on the Divide between the Gray Bull River and Dry Creek. These proved rather barren and after 3 days the collecting for the season was brought to a close. Granger and Olsen departed for the east on Oct. 6th. Expedition to the Laramie Cretaceous of Montana and Alberta, 1910, by Barnum Brown. The party consisted of Barnum Brown in charge, P. C. Kaisen and Mr. A. E. Davenport of Glasgow, cook and teamster. Mr. Kaisen, who started in advance, camped near the Trachodon, found the last season near Willis Ranch, 40 mi. S. of Glasgow, MT on July 1st. Barnum Brown went to Ottawa to study the Canadian collection from the Red Deer River. He then went to Mt. and reached camp on July 7th. The Trachodon was evacuated and boxed in 18 days and was shipped from Glasgow on July 24th. Mr. Davenport drove the outfit from Calgary to Wigmore Ferry on the Red Deer River, there to await the rest of the party. Barnum Brown and Kaisen went to the village of Red Deer, where the Calgary and Edmonton road crosses the Red Deer River. At this town there was a sawmill that supplied the timber for a small rowboat and large flatboat. 3 carpenters built the boats and on Aug. 3rd they began their journey down river. The first 60 miles goes through a canyon and is filled with boulders and other debris and is considered dangerous to navigate. Mr. Charles Breamer, an experienced riverman accompanied them through these sections. The first vertebrate fossils were found about 1 mile above Erickson's Landing, 10 miles directly NE of Red Deer and about 20 miles by river. Here occurs an enormous slide, where sections of the N wall of the canyon have slipped, en masse, partly choking the river channel. In this fallen material they found beds of Unios, 10 inches thick. In a layer of small gray pebbles several mammal jaws and teeth and a few turtle bones were found. It is apparently a local deposit, an old river channel of the Paskapoo period (Fort Union equivalent). The first coal vein crops out in Gaetz Valley, its of inferior quality but further on improves. Below the coal veins a marked change occurs in the beds. Sandy white clay and highly banded light gray with dark carbonaceous seams appear. This is the Lower Edmonton Fm. The first dinosaur bone was found near Content, where the Red Deer River makes a bend southward. A Trachodon humerus and some vertebrae. Some poorly preserved bones were found at every stop made down the river, but not until they reached the mouth of Big Valley, where occur, on the opposite, west bank the most extensive Bad-lands to be seen on the river. At one spot an area 30 square feet was filled with bones. From this quarry they took out one complete hind leg, parts of 4 others, beside a series of caudal vertebrae, jaws and skull bones of Albertosaurus, several limbs of Ornithomimus and many unidentified bones. They reached Big Valley on Aug. 9th. The rains came in August this year, and they had 24 rainy days. A Trachodon fore limb was collected near the quarry and a good specimen of Ornithomimus was collected a mile below. In all they secured 9 boxes of fossils from this camp. Leaving Big Valley Sept. 5th they floated down the river 5 miles to Beaver Island, where they camped 2 days and collected a Trachodon scapula. The next camp was made 5 miles above Tolman's Valley on Sept. 7th where they remained until Sept. 20th. At this camp they made important finds of hadrosaur, ceratopsian, an Ankylosaurus skull and partial skeleton. From this camp they moved down Tolman's Ferry Oct. 2nd, where Kaisen fond a large specimen of a hadrosaur, interesting because a large section of different skin was associated. Brown made a reconnaissance for next year's work. He returned Oct. 13th and they prepared their boats for winter. Mr. Davenport returned to the Ankylosaurus quarry to strip an area down to the bone layer. They secured 26 boxes of bones from the Red Deer River sites.