Gel Extraction (for double bands)
Gel Extraction (for double bands): Promega Wizard Kit
1. Using the small gel rig, pour a 1% low melting point agarose gel (0.5 g in 50mL 1XTBE, 1uL ethidium bromide).
2. Add 5uL of loading dye to your PCR and load the entire volume onto the gel.
3. Run at 70 volts for 1-1.5 hours.
4. Protecting yourself from the UV, and using a razor blade or spatula, excise the band you want and put it in a 1.5mL tube.
5. Weigh each tube and add 10uL of Membrane Binding Solution per 10mg or gel.
6. Place in the 55 C incubator for 10 minutes, or until the gel is dissolved.
7. Transfer entire volume onto minicolumn; let sit 1 minute.
8. Centrifuge at 13000 rpm for 1 minute; discard flow-through.
9. Add 700uL Membrane Wash Solution.
10. Centrifuge at 13000 rpm for 1 minute; discard flow-through.
11. Add 500uL Membrane Wash Solution.
12. Centrifuge at 13000 rpm for 5 minutes; discard flow-through.
13. Re-centrifuge for 1 minute with lid open.
14. Transfer minicolumn to a 1.5mL tube.
15. Add 50uL nuclease-free water (included in kit); let sit 1 minute.
16. Centrifuge at 13000 rpm for 1 minute.
17. Go directly to sequencing or re-amplify using a regular PCR protocol to concentrate product.