• Expeditions. An expedition led by Dr. Granger, including Albert Thomson and E. H. Colbert, visited the Big Badlands of SD were they made a representative collection of Oligocene mammals, which included better specimens than had been collected before. This expedition was cut short by the untimely death of Dr. Granger. Barnum Brown expeditions of 1941. Childs Frick financed an expedition to Montana to secure a dinosaur skeleton located in the Kootenai beds exposed on the Missouri River near Great Falls; to secure missing parts of the new Troodont skull found near Ekalaka, and to secure a slab of the striking marine "stars" found near Billings. Brown left New York on Nov. 19th, flying directly to Calgary to reexamine the type Kootenai beds. From there he went to Great Falls where he met Mr. Lee Ford who had reported the dinosaur skeleton. The following day they were joined by Mr. George F. Shea of Billings who supplied another car and a volunteer worker, Mr. Wilbur Moos of Billings. Mr. Al Stoltz of Oregon City, OR, also volunteered his service and assisted during the work. The dinosaur skeleton was in variegated clays exposed on the Missouri River just below Rainbow Falls, 9 miles E of Great Falls in the beds of Kootenai age. The dinosaur was discovered by Mr. William Cobban in 1940. They excavated the specimen, which appeared to be about 50 per cent of the posterior skeleton, although a scapula and coracoid was also found. It appeared to be a large armored dinosaur. The specimen was shipped in 4 crates. Brown then went to Billings and then on to Ekalaka, where they accompanied by Mr. Hall to the Hell Creek beds of Powder River where the new Troodon skull was found. This specimen was found on the ranch of Mr. Bill Winkley, approx. 9 miles E of Powderville, MT, and was collected by W. H. Peck and Thomas G. Nielsen in July 1940. They reopened the quarry site and collected all the fragments that were missed, which were parts of the skull and others may be from the lower jaws. At Harlowtown, MT, Brown visited with Mr. Al Silberling and arranged for an exchange of rare rodent jaws found by him in the Deep River Fm. Brown returned to New York on Christmas evening.