• Expedition to the Eocene of New Mexico and Wyoming, by Walter Granger. The party consisted of Granger, William Stein and in New Mexico, Vicente Torrez, cook and teamster. Mr. Granger left the museum May 22nd and proceeded to Chama, NM. Here he was joined by Mr. Stein and Mr. Torrez. The party headed south on May 31st and 5 days later set up their first working camp at Arroyo Almagre, 1 mi. W of Laguna, CO and 6 or 7 mi. W. of Gallina, P.O. From this camp another was made 3 miles up the same arroyo where a large area of the Wasatch was exposed. The area explored extended to the N to the limits of the fossiliferous beds, to the S as far as Ojo San Jose and westward for about 10 miles from Laguna, CO, which is the eastern border of the Wasatch. July 8th the party moved to Ojo San Jose. The camp was made at the Regina P.O. and was maintained until July 20th. The high bluff 1 mi. NW of the post office and an extensive rincon beginning about 1 mi. to the SW were explored from this camp; also some large and more or less isolated pockets of bad lands along the S slope of the Canyon Largo Arroyo. From July 21st to 23rd the party stopped at the ranch of Mr. Endeman, 3 mi. S. of Regina. Exposures lying to the E of he Cuban-Regina road near Rucker's ranch were examined. This closed the Wasatch work. The party traveled westward and made its first camp in the Trorrejon at a stock pond about 10 mi. W. of Cuba, arriving on the 22nd and leaving on the 28th. A more permanent camp was made on the E Fork of the Torrejon Arroyo, July 28th to Aug. 2nd, and the last camp on the W Fork of the Torrejon Arroyo Aug. 3rd to Aug. 6th. The party left the Torrejon field on Aug. 7th. They shipped the fossil collected and headed for Wyoming. Mr. Stein went directly to St. Joe to get the outfit. In the later part of Aug. Granger joined him at St. Joe and went at once to Ralston on the Shoshone River from Sept. 4th to Sept. 10th. The camp was moved to the ranch of Mr. Frasure near the mouth of the Big Sand Coulee in Clark's Fork Basin. 6 days were spent here and then the party moved up on the W side of the basin to the mouth of Pat O'Hara Creek, where 2 weeks were put in (Sept. 17th-30th). The camp was on Mr. Hopkin's ranch. On Oct.1st the party returned to Ralston, where they waited out a snow storm. They then made a 2 day stay at a ranch N of Powell. The party moved to Coon Creek, near the Garland-Germania road crossing (Oct. 12-15); then to Germania on Dry Creek (Oct. 16-18); then to Blakesley's ranch, near Otto, Oct. 19th -20th; finally returning to St. Joe on Oct. 21st. The fossils were boxed here and Mr. Granger left for the museum on Oct. 22nd. The Expedition to the Agate Springs Quarry, Lower Harrison Beds, Sioux Co., NE, 1912, by Albert Thomson. During the winter Mr. Barner, working under Mr. Cook's direction cleaned up 22 Diceratheium skulls. Mr. Thomson began work where he had stopped at the end of the 1911 season. After finding only disarticulated Diceratheium material, they opened up the quarry at the NW end. After 2 or 3 days they found some Moropus material leading into the bank. As the party consist only of Thomson and Mr. Barner, instead of stripping they tunneled into the bank. The result was they found about 5 Moropus skulls and some skeletal material. Report for the year 1912, Expedition to the Cretaceous of Alberta, by Barnum Brown. The party consisted of Barnum Brown, in charge, P. C. Kaisen, George Olsen, George Sternberg, assistants, and Bob Reid, cook. Brown left the museum on May 23rd and examined a promising Pleistocene site at Joliet, IL. He then went to Edmonton and spent a week prospecting along the North Saskatchewan for 20 miles. Although coal bearing, they seem to be barren of vertebrate fossils. Messrs. Kaisen, Olsen and Reid arrived and launched the big flat boat and went into camp June 2nd. Brown reached camp on June 10th This year they were very selective about what they collected. Anything new to science, or fossils that supplemented other parts of skeletons and in very good condition was collected. As a result 3/4ths of the material is fit for exhibition purposes. On July 11th George Sternberg joined the party. A party representing the Ottawa Museum, Mr. Charles H. Sternberg and 3 men, also Prof. McClean of the Toronto University worked below us for part of the season mostly quarrying Trachodon material. The Ottawa people secured a choice Albertosaurus specimen. During the season Brown's party exhausted 18 miles of the Edmonton formation, that is from 1 mi. below Tolman's Ferry to the Stauffer ranch where the boat is stored at the close of this season. The Edmonton Fm. extends down the river approximately 25 mi. below Stauffer ranch. Sept. 12th Brown divided the party leaving Kaisen in charge of the Edmonton work, Olsen and Brown started down the river and began to work the Belly River 150 miles downstream. They prospected without notable results reaching Steveville at the mouth of Berry Creek on Sept. 22nd. They made camp and started working on a fossil crested dinosaur discovered the previous year. It lacked the tip of the tail and the front legs are fragmentary. The underside was covered with skin impressions. A complete uncrushed skull of a Monoclonius was found near by. The Belly River beds extend from Steveville to Deadlodge Canyon 12 mi. below are the richest deposits of this age known. Bones are numerous, well preserved and often associated as skeletons. They located a few other specimens but had no time to quarry before everything froze solid. Messrs. Kaisen and Sternberg left camp on Oct. 21st and returned to New York. On the 24th Olsen returned to New York. Brown made 2 reconnoissance trips to Battle River, a tributary of the North Saskatchewan from which vertebrate remains had been reported by the Canadian Survey. From what he could see with the ground covered with snow, it did not appear to be a profitable area for collecting.