»  Collecting: U.S. Material

Collecting: U.S. Material

Collecting specimens on state land (parks) typically requires a permit. Collection of protected species requires stricter state permits than non-regulated species. Because permit regulations vary from state to state, check with the state wildlife agency for current regulations. Many collecting applications are online.
Useful links to state agencies:

US Fish & Wildlife Service Permits
US & Canadian Natural Resources Offices
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service permits are required for collection of regulated wildlife (threatened or endangered, CITES listed species, and ‘injurious’ wildlife).

Our CITES code number is:


Internal IZ Documents (requires LDAP login)