Agarose gel Preparation
1. To make a gel, add 8-10g agarose to 400mL 1XTBE buffer.
2. Microwave for 5 minutes, pour into gel tray, let cool 30 min.
3. Add SYBRsafe stain (0.1uL per lane) to loading dye (3L per lane). Remember to add SYBRsafe stain to ladder.
4. Use 2uL of your PCR product and 3uL loading dye to check amplifications on the gel.
5. If you get double bands consistently, do a gel extraction (see below).
6. If you get very faint bands, clean as usual using AMPure, then concentrate product (see below).
Copyright © 2013 American Museum of Natural History